Dear Friends of Life;
The Cemetery of the Innocents 2010, a memorial to the memory of the unborn children aborted each day in the U.S. and NYS, culminates with a field of 10,000 crosses--one month's worth of abortion in NYS--at St. George's, 74 Old Glenwood Road from October 30 through November 6th. This is the largest installation of crosses ever in the WNY area and to the best of my knowledge in NYS. An open letter will be sent to invite everyone in the area to see the devastating tragedy of abortion in its visual representation as these 10,000 pink, blue and white crosses bear witness to lives ended and dreams broken.
Things you can to to help:
1. Pray for the success of this effort.
2. Spread the word. Forward this e-mail to everyone you know. Make copies and place it on bulletin boards and give it out at church, etc.
3. Help stake on October 30th, starting at 8 a.m., but going as long as it takes to stake 10,000 or until I drop!
4. Commit to saying a decade of the rosary for 1 (or more) child represented by a cross. I want to get 330 decades said each day of the installation--1 decade for every abortion each day in NYS--that covers the baby, the mom, the dad, the relatives and the medical professionals blind to the child's humanity. If you plan on saying 1 or 5 or 10 or however many decades, please e-mail so I can put your name down for one or more of the slots.
5. Send a donation to St. George's Church(74 Old Glenwood Road, NY 14170) to adopt one or more of the children represented by the crosses. Our goal is to collect at least $3,300 to give to St. Gianna Molla Pregnancy Care Center. $3,300 represents $1 for each of the children aborted in the USA daily. (Please make the check out directly to St. Gianna Molla Center or if you make it out to St. George's, put St. Gianna Molla in the note section).
You don't have to do all of these. If you do one of these things that is enough. If everyone does one or more of these things we will succeed in reaching our short-term goal. We will also be closer to our long-term goal of seeing the day when the Culture of Life is restored to this great country.
P.S.--Please direct friends and others who might be interested in the Cemetery of the Innocents' project to this page! The link is http://www.stgeorgercchurch.org/index.cfm?load=page&page=204
Dates and Times--All Events at St. George’s Parish, 74 Old Glenwood Rd. West Falls, NY
October 30th @ 8:00-? Staking field of 10,000 crosses
October 31st @ 9:30 a.m.--Prayer Service
November 5th @ 7 p.m.--Healing mass
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
"The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear."--Aung San Suu Kyi
"God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try."--Mother Teresa